How Can Seniors Protect Themselves from the Rising Threat of Identity Theft?
Technology is at the heart of everyone’s life these days – and that means that identity theft is too. The risk of identity theft has been increasing every year, making it more dangerous for everyone who uses the Internet.
And the risk is especially big for seniors. Senior citizens are more vulnerable to identity theft scams because they’re trusting and often have significant savings that criminals want. With elderly Americans losing $2.9 billion each year to identity theft, it’s important to protect yourself.
Related Topics (Ads):
But how can seniors stay safe from the ever-increasing threat of identity theft? While it’s important to guard your information whenever you’re online, seniors can also sign up for protection services that do the hard work for you. These services can monitor your information, lock down your accounts, and alert you if you’re at risk of theft.
Consider the following identity theft protection services, each of which is dedicated to keeping your information safe.
There are three different tiers of LifeLock protection to choose from:
- LifeLockStandard: $9.99 per month for the first 12 months
- LifeLock Advantage: $19.99 per month for the first 12 months
- LifeLock Ultimate Plus: $29.99 per month for the first 12 months
How Protection Works
When you sign up with LifeLock, you’ll place your information and your web security in the hands of professionals. With a combination of LifeLock and Norton Security, your identity will be protected on up to five different devices. From your computer to your smartphone to your tablet, you’ll be covered.
LifeLock scans the web for your information. If there’s a threat to your information or identity, LifeLock immediately notifies you and locks down your information. Always running in the background, LifeLock protects you even when you aren’t thinking about it. If your identity is stolen, LifeLock helps handle your case, working to get your identity restored.
- Security and protection on up to 5 devices
- Alerts for your Social Security number and credit report
- Stolen funds reimbursement
- Personal expense compensation
- Up to $1 million in lawyer compensation
- LifeLock Privacy Monitor
- Dark Web Monitoring
IdentityWorks lets you customize your identity theft protection coverage with the number of individuals you’d like to protect and the plan you’d like. You can choose from:
- IdentityWorks Plus: $9.99 per month for 1 adult, or $19.99 per month for 2 adults and up to 10 children
- IdentityWorks Premium: $19.99 per month for 1 adult, or $29.99 per month for 2 adults and up to 10 children
How Protection Works
Experian may be one of the “big three” credit bureaus, but it’s also one of the strongest online identity theft protection services available. The Experian IdentityWorks service will keep seniors’ most important personal and financial safe on every corner of the Internet. IdentityWorks monitors your information, and you don’t have to worry about a thing.
With identity theft monitoring, potential theft alerts, and dark web surveillance, Experian IdentityWorks keeps an eye out for your information. If anything suspicious appears, or it looks like you might be at risk of identity theft, IdentityWorks sends you an alert. Daily webpage scans, 3-bureau credit monitoring, and non-credit loan alerts all work together to keep your information from falling into the hands of criminals. And at any time you can use Experian CreditLock to lock up your credit from identity theft if there’s any suspicious activity.
- Free 30-day trial
- Adult and child identity protection
- Social Security number tracking and tracing
- Dark Web Monitoring and Surveillance
- Identity theft insurance up to $1 million, depending on your plan
- Lost Wallet Assistance
- Social network and credit bureau monitoring
With IdentityForce, you can choose the level of protection that works best for you. There are two different plans:
- UltraSecure: Basic identity theft protection and security coverage for $17.95 per month, or $179.50 per year.
- UltraSecure+Credit: A more advanced protection plan that includes credit monitoring for $23.95 per month, or $239.50 per year.
How Protection Works
IdentityForce works to protect your identity, privacy, and credit history from hackers, security breaches, and online criminals. With advanced detection technology and real-time alerts, you’ll be both monitored for any risks and immediately alerted if there’s been a change in your information security.
This identity protection service will continuously monitor the web. IdentityForce looks for your personal, financial, and credit information online and works to protect everything from your Social Security number to your PIN numbers to your credit card information. You can check out your credit score, have alerts sent to different tech devices, and control where your information appears on the web thanks to IdentityForce.
- Free 14-day trial
- 24/7 support for questions, concerns, or identity recovery
- Real-time alerts
- $1 million insurance policy
- Comprehensive recovery services if theft happens
- Advanced Fraud Monitoring
- Change of address and court record monitoring
- Dark Web Monitoring
- Bank and credit card activity alerts
- Medical ID fraud protection
Protect Your Identity Online Today
As technology becomes increasingly more important to every aspect of your life, it’s important to be protected. Simple actions, like checking your bank accounts and browsing social media, could put you at risk for identity theft. And with increasing numbers of criminals targeting vulnerable seniors, it’s especially important for older adults to keep their information closely guarded.
You don’t have to protect your information on your own. With services like those mentioned here, you can rest confidently knowing you’re protected. Of course, you’ll want to find a service that’s reputable, effective, and high quality – as well as affordable.
To do that, consider these services and compare what they offer online. A single, quick online search will let you browse all of the different identity theft protection services out there. And by comparing these services, you’ll be able to get protection and security at the right price.