Top 5 Business Credit Cards
Small or large, businesses can’t survive without a business credit card. It makes purchases, travel, and keeping adequate business expense records simpler and more effective, and it helps the overall growth of a company. Small business credit cards help small business owners get their business up and running from the start, and the features of business credit cards are what help business owners decide which card is right for their venture.
Whether it’s features such as currency transfer, no foreign transaction fees, or cash back, the features of business credit cards matter more to business owners than anyone else. Here are the best business credit cards of the year narrowed by their best features for business owners.
The Enhanced Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN – Best for Airport Lounge Access
If you own a business and spend ample time traveling to visit clients or projects, you might want to have a card that offers the best airport lounge access. Work travel is tedious at best, and spending ample time in the airport is made more comfortable when it’s in an airport lounge. This card offers significant perks for those who travel for business, but it comes with a hefty $450 annual fee.
- Earn 50,000 membership rewards points after spending $5,000 in three months
- Earn 50,000 additional rewards points after spending $10,000 in three months
- Access to 900 airport lounges across the world
- Free Priority Pass Select is free
- Free Gogo and Boingo Wi-Fi
- $200 annual airline incidentals statement credit
- Earn 2 points for every dollar spent booking travel through American Express
- 1 point for every dollar spent elsewhere
- No credit limit
This is not a credit card. It’s a charge card, which means the balance is due in full each month. It’s a great card for disciplined business owners who will pay the balance in full each month, and it’s also great for helping keep business credit clean and open.
Chase Ink Business Cash Credit Card – Best for Cash Back Rewards
Chase offers some of the best cards on the market for anyone, and the lender has not forgotten about business owners big or small. This card offers substantial cash back each year when it’s used regularly.
- Earn $300 cash when you spend $3,000 in three months
- No annual fee
- 5% cash back on office supply purchases
- 5% cash back on cell phone plans and purchases
- 5% cash back on internet, cable, and landline phone service
- 2% cash back on gas station and restaurant purchases
- No APR on balance transfers and purchases for one year
The cash back earnings are up to $25,000 per year, and the rate of earnings following that capped limit is 1% cash back. Business owners can order cards for their employees at no charge, and each employee card is fully customizable so business owners can set spending limits for each employee based on their spending habits and job description.
Capital One Spark Miles for Business – Best for Travel Rewards
Business owners who travel a lot to no specific location or to any specific hotel brand or airline love this card. The travel rewards are impressive, and the customer service with Capital One is among the best in the business.
- Earn 50,000 miles when you spend $4,500 in three months
- No annual fee for one year, $59 per year after that
- 2 points for every dollar spent anywhere you go
- Employee cards are free
- Quarterly itemized statements for all business owners
Business owners love this card because of the high rates of rewards. The 2 points for every dollar is not limited to a specific category or co-brand, and it’s unlimited. Many cards cap the amount businesses can earn such a high rate of rewards, but not the Capital One Spark Miles for Business card. No matter how much you spend, you earn 2 points for every dollar.
SimplyCash Plus Business Credit Card from American Express – Best for Small Business Owners
If you’re a small business looking for a big credit card, this is the one for you. It’s a great card for making your business spending easier and more comprehensive. It also offers a nice sign-up bonus, which is exceptionally helpful for many small business owners.
- Earn $250 statement credit for spending $5,000 in six months
- Earn $250 statement credit for spending $10,000 in one year
- No annual fee
- No APR on purchases for nine months
- Purchase Protection Plan for 90 days on all purchases
- Earn 5% cash back on all office supplies and cell phone purchases
- 3% cash back on purchases from the category of your choice
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
This card is beneficial to small business owners because it lacks an annual fee, which is often expensive for those who are running a small business. It’s all profit, and it’s going to put a substantial amount of cash in your pocket each year just for using the card to make your business purchases.
Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express – Best for Delta-Loyal Travelers
Delta is one of the largest airlines in the country, which means many business owners are loyal to the brand. If you prefer to earn free miles and flights with an airline you trust and use frequently, this is the best business credit card for you and your business.
- Earn 30,000 miles when you spend $3,000 in three months
- Earn $50 statement credit when you make one purchase with Delta in three months
- Earn 2 miles for every dollar spent with Delta
- Earn 1 point for every dollar with any other purchase
- SkyMiles are redeemable for travel, statement credits, gift cards, merchandise, cash, and more
- No annual fee for one year, $95 per year after that
- No introductory APR
- Priority boarding on all Delta flights
- First checked bag per passenger is always free
- 20% off all in-flight purchases when you use the card to make the purchase
The Delta SkyMiles card for business is best for business owners who need to travel frequently and save money on the things that cost the most. Business owners understand it’s often the littlest things that make the most substantial differences, which is why they want to save money on things like checked luggage on every flight and discounts on-board. These fees add up significantly for frequent travelers, and the savings exceed thousands of dollars each year for businesses that spend ample time in the airport for business travel.
Business credit cards are highly personal to each business owner. What works most for you and your business practices and spending habits might not always correlate with what works best for another business owner. Calculating your spending habits, your business needs, and what works for you in the most financially beneficial way is what helps makes the business credit card decision simpler. Choose what works for you, and your business credit card will work for you.